Alongside our main mission, the Food Bank of Eastern New Mexico operates the following programs:
- The Agency Pantry Service allows qualifying organizations to gather supplies that best fit their needs. The agency then distributes the food to those in need.
- The Food For Kids Weekend Backpack Program provides backpacks to students who may not have enough food at home to feed them over the weekend.
- The Special Helpings program offers food boxes to seniors and those who cannot leave home to shop for groceries. Specialty food boxes are also assembled for persons with health-related dietary restrictions.
- The Mobile Food Program targets residents living in rural communities. The Food Bank also distributes nonperishable food staples supplied by the USDA’s Collaborative Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).
- I Still Care is a nonmedical daily telephone check-in to learn if a person lacks food, medicine or has had an emergency. When these situations occur, we notify the proper emergency personnel.